Funded Research Projects
Information-theoretic Multiagent Paths for Anticipatory Control of Tasks (IMPACT), NSF, CISE IIS RI, Sole PI Park, October 2019- September 2022.
Developing a Plan for Using Unmanned Aerial Vehicles for Traffic Operations Applications in Virginia , VDOT, Co-PI Park (NCA&T), PI: Alden (VTTI), August 2019- April 2021.
Roadside Truck Placard Readers for Advanced Notice and Response at Safety- Critical Facilities, VDOT, Co-PI Park (NCA&T), PI: Alden (VTTI), November 2018- September 2019
Multi-agent Reinforcement Learning-based Pedestrian Dynamics Models for Emergency Evacuation. United States Department of Transportation through the Tier 1 University Transportation Center. Park (Lead PI), ERAU Liu (PI), Namilae (Co-PI). 4/2019 – 3/2021.
Information-theoretic Route Planning for a Heli-Rover Team, NASA JPL, Park Co-I (NCAT PI) , PI Otsu (Lead PI), Ono (Co-I), Agha (Co-I), April 2019- March 2020.
Advanced traffic analysis of aerial video data. NCDOT, Park (PI), Yi (Co-PI), 3/2019 – 8/2019
DRONETIM: Dynamic Routing of Unmanned-aerial and Emergency Team Incident Management. United States Department of Transportation through the Tier 1 University Transportation Center. Park (Lead PI), Yi (Co-PI), VTTI Alden (Co-PI). 2/2019 – 8/2020.
Information-theoretic Route Planning, NASA-JPL, Park (PI) 2018 Summer Faculty Research Fellow
Information-theoretic Route Planning, NASA-JPL, Park (PI) 2019 Summer Faculty Research Fellow
VRU-POD: Vulnerable Road Users-Personalized, Optimum, and Dynamic Routing. United States Department of Transportation through the Tier 1 University Transportation Center). Park (Lead PI), Yi, Seong, Owens, Miller (VTTI). 2/2019 – 1/2020.
Travelers’ rationality in anticipatory online emergency response. United States Department of Transportation through the Tier 1 University Transportation Center. Park (Sole PI). 2/2018 – 1/2019.
Sustainable Travel Incentives with Prediction, Optimization and Personalization (Tripod) with MIT Intelligent Transportation System Lab (Park Control Architecture Team Leader, $3,990,128), U.S. Department of Energy’s ARPA-E Traveler Response Architecture using Novel Signaling for Network Efficiency in Transportation, 1/2016 – 12/2018.
Using the New SHRP2 Naturalistic Driving Study Safety Databases to Examine Safety Concerns for Older Drive, New England Transportation Consortium, Samuel (PI), Knodler, Gao (Co-PI), Park (Investigator, $150k). 1/2017 – 7/2018.
Funded Education Projects
Advising Chancellor’s Distinguished Fellow, Department of Education Title III Program. 8/2017 – 7/2023.
- NCAT College of Engineering Start-up Grant for Park, North Carolina A&T State University 2017-2019.
Funded Projects as a Participant
- GM Project Sketch, Car-Sharing and Ride-Sharing Services Proposal with Shlomo Zilberstein @ UMass Amherst
- National Transportation Center @ Maryland (Student Fellow)
- Stochastic deployment of emergency vehicles considering sequence of incidents, 2015 [NTC2016-SU-R-09] Link
- FHWA, Turner-Fairbank Highway Research Center, 2014-2015 Link
- Manage Highway Safety Information System for 9 States in Unites States
- I-95 Corridor Coalition vehicle probe project (Student Fellow), 2012-2015 Link
- Select locations of Bluetooth sensors and compare to the data from INRIX, HERE, TomTom
- As a Research Scientist (2010), I managed a project with Yonsei University and LG CNS Co., Ltd.
- Urban Traffic information System Link, 2010
- As a Project Manager (2007-2010), I conducted research based projects and feasibility studies under the support of
- Vietnam Development Banks
- Feasibility study for double track gauge, Hanoi-Vinh, Vietnam, 2007 LinkFeasibility study for elevated Highway, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, 2007
- Asian Development Banks
- Feasibility study for Katunayake and Padeniya road, Sri Lanka, 2008-2010Feasibility study for elevated Highway, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, 2007
- Seoul Metropolitan Government
- Basic design of Seoul public transportation, 2008-2010Transportation management of the Seoul, 2008Traffic impact assessment of Seoul, 2007Design of Seoul Bus Information System, 2007 Youtube Feasibility study for HOV, HOT, Express Lanes, Seoul Outer Beltway, 2007
- Local Government Agencies
- Design of traffic safety services, Uijeonbu, 2008Increased mobility for handicapped traffic, Yanju, 2007-2009
- As a Research Assistant (2005-2007), I worked for following projects
- Improvement measures on metro transportation of Gyeonggi, 2007Traffic impact assessment for Road Osong-Administration City, 2007Design of Bucheon Bus information system, 2006Design of Incheon Bus information system, 2006 Feasibility Study of Road GwangJu High-Tech Industries, 2005Feasibility study of detailed design for 11 national roads, 2005Development of traffic information fusion and traffic flow analysis tool, 2005Design of a transportation management system GwangJu Ring Road, 2005Review of the 5–year plan for national and provincial roads, 2005Development of Seoul Transport Operation and Information System, 2005 youtube