Congratulations to Park Lab, who received a NSF Robust Intelligence Grant for next 3 years starting October 2019. The project title is “Information-theoretic Multiagent Paths for Anticipatory Control of Tasks (IMPACT)” and more details here. Abstract
Applications are invited for Ph.D. positions in INFORMATION-THEORETIC PLANNING. The positions are with the Department of Computational Science and Engineering at North Carolina A&T State University; the students will work under the supervision of Dr. John Park. The research is funded by the National Science Foundation.
This project will establish a new route planning with a set of novel techniques for probabilistic information gain by predicting potential speed classification of future arrival locations.
1. Developing a Plan for Using Unmanned Aerial Vehicles for Traffic Operations Applications in Virginia
Co-PI Park (NCA&T) PI: Alden, Co-PI Coggin (VTTI) VTRC 116038, Sponsor: VDOT 8/2019 – 4/2021 Abstract VTRC WEBSITE
2. Roadside Truck Placard Readers for Advanced Notice and Response at Safety- Critical Facilities
Co-PI Park (NCA&T) PI: Alden (VTTI) VTRC 116038, Sponsor: VDOT 11/2018 – 9/2019 Abstract VTRC WEBSITE
1. VRU-POD: Vulnerable Road Users-Personalized, Optimum, and Dynamic Routing
PI Park (NCA&T) Co-PI: Yi, Seong (NCA&T), Owens, Miller (VTTI) Sponsor: USDOT 2/2019 – 1/2020 Abstract VTRC WEBSITE
2. Reinforcement Learning-based Pedestrian Dynamics Models for Emergency Evacuation.
3. Travelers’ rationality in anticipatory online emergency response.
Sole PI Park (NCA&T) Sponsor: USDOT Tier 1 CATM 2/2018 – 8/2019 Abstract VTRC WEBSITE
4. DRONETIM: Dynamic Routing of Unmanned-aerial and Emergency Team Incident Management.
PI Park (NCA&T) Co-PI: Yi (NCA&T), Alden (VTTI) Sponsor: USDOT Tier 1 CATM 2/2019 – 8/2020 Abstract VTRC WEBSITE