Welcome to John’s Research focusing on Distributionally Robust Optimization based active sensing sponsored by NSF, VDOT, NCDOT, USDOT, DOE, and NASA JPL. Please click each topic to see more detail current and past projects and contributions.
Recent Good News!
- Dr. Park’s United States Patent Application USSN 16/254,474 “Transportation Infrastructure Location and Redeployment” has been awarded and being processed for issuing! The claims are mostly based on This Paper.
- An interesting project sponsored by NASA JPL “UAS-based Active Hurricane Sensing with Information-theoretic Path Planning” started in collaboration with Hui Su (Principal, Engineering and Science Directorate) from Stratosphere and Upper Troposphere (329D) and Masahiro Ono (Research Technologist) from Robotic Surface Mobility (347F).
- PhD Candidate Larkin Folsom received one of 2019 Outstanding Students of the Year Award at the Annual meeting of TRB2020, during the Council of University Transportation Centers Banquet, recognized by US Department of Transportation. More Details
- Nigel Pugh, Chancellor’s PhD Student Fellow will be at NASA JPL this summer 2020!
- 4 Papers have been accepted for the 2nd Transportation Science and Logistics Society (TSL2020) Conference, Washington DC, May, 2020.
- 2 Papers have been accepted for the 8th International Symposium on Transport Network Reliability (INSTR’2020), Stockholm, Sweden, 24-26 June, 2020.
- 1 Paper has been accepted for the Forum on Integrated And Sustainable Transportation Systems (ISTS2020), Delft, The Netherlands, November 2020.
- 5 Papers have been presented at the 99th Annual Meeting of Transportation Research Board ( TRB2020), Washington D.C. January 2020.
Are you one of the interested and motivated graduate students with strong programming skills? Please send a resume to Dr. John Park Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org