We are working on multi-agent probabilistic global routing while considering dependencies on the network applied to 15 research projects NSF, VDOT, NCDOT, USDOT, DOE, and NASA JPL.
Recent Good News!
- A paper “Scalable Information-Theoretic Path Planning for a Rover-Helicopter Team in Uncertain Environments” by L. Folsom, Ono, Otsu, Park in collaboration with JPL has been accepted for publication at the International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems.
- A paper “Safe and Efficient Airport Evacuation considering Pedestrian Dynamics” by Pugh, Park, Derjany, Namalie, Liu in collaboration with ERAU has been accepted for publication at the IET Intelligent Transport Systems.
- Justice Darko won 2nd place at the NCDOT 2020 Summit Poster Competition.
- Chancellors Distinguished PhD Fellow Nigel Pugh won Honorable Mention at the INFORMS 2020 MIF Student Poster Competition.
- Nigel Pugh won USDOT 2020 Outstanding Students of the Year Award at the Annual meeting of TRB2021.
- USDOT Newsletter Spotlight discusses recent research on Traveler Rationality and Resource Allocation shown July 2020 Project lists click.
- Dr. Park’s United States Patent Application USSN 16/254,474 “Transportation Infrastructure Location and Redeployment” has been awarded in Jan 2020.
- An interesting project sponsored by NASA JPL “UAS-based Active Hurricane Sensing with Information-theoretic Path Planning” started in collaboration with Hui Su (Principal, Engineering and Science Directorate) from Stratosphere and Upper Troposphere (329D) and Masahiro Ono (Research Technologist) from Robotic Surface Mobility (347F) with a period of throughout the year of 2020.
- PhD Candidate Larkin Folsom received one of 2019 Outstanding Students of the Year Award at the Annual meeting of TRB2020, during the Council of University Transportation Centers Banquet Published here, recognized by US Department of Transportation. More Details
- Nigel Pugh, Chancellor’s PhD Student Fellow will be at NASA JPL this summer 2020!
- 4 Papers have been accepted for the 2nd Transportation Science and Logistics Society (TSL2020) Conference, Washington DC, May, 2020.
- 2 Papers have been accepted for the 8th International Symposium on Transport Network Reliability (INSTR’2020), Stockholm, Sweden, 24-26 June, 2020.
- 1 Paper has been accepted for the Forum on Integrated And Sustainable Transportation Systems (ISTS2020), Delft, The Netherlands, November 2020.
- 5 Papers have been presented at the 99th Annual Meeting of Transportation Research Board ( TRB2020), Washington D.C. January 2020.
If you are interested, book appointment below with your resume and a specific contribution to the projects listed on this webpage.